Sunglasses are more than a fashion statement.They were originally made for protection of your eyes from the harmful UV rays outside in sun. That’s why choosing the right sunglasses is an essential part of keeping your eyes healthy.
UV rays can increase the risk of eye diseases such as cataracts, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and even cancer of the eye and eyelids, says Richard Shugarman, MD, spokesperson for the American Academy of Ophthalmology and an ophthalmologist in West Palm Beach, Fla.
Sunglasses have proven to be useful for blocking the harmful UV rays and protect your eyes from such diseases also giving you a fresh and charming look along the way.
- Only prefer those sunglasses which block up-to 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
- The Over-sized sunglasses fashion is great for your eyes! Not only fulfills the fashion demands but are also more efficient than regular sunglasses.
- For drivers and sailors out there! Use Polarized sunglasses that reduces the glare.
- Remember: Price isn’t an indication of the quality of UV protection.
- Always wear sunglasses when you are outdoors especially between 10am to 2pm